Ever wondered how we see objects and their colors? It’s all because of light! With this secret message decoder kit, kids can experiment with light and find out more about how light works. More importantly, kids will learn the importance of light and its role in the colorful world we see around us every day.
This kit is designed to teach kids the exact science behind how we see color. The detailed instruction manual will introduce children to the concept of light and color through fun experiments and activities. They will use LEDs and colored beads to understand what is absorbed and reflected light. Using kit materials, they will also be able to create secret messages and use color filters to decode the secret messages.
What you’ll love about this kit:
- Kids can learn about light and colors and have fun while doing it.
- The activities can be used to create more exciting and enjoyable activities for the whole family (ex. a treasure hunt).
- Kids can write secret messages and make their own secret message decoder using color power! Especially makes for a great birthday party activity to do with friends.
What the kit includes:
- Colored LEDs
- Coin Battery
- Colored Beads
- Colored cellophane
- Instruction and observation sheet
Other things needed for the experiments but not included in the kit are an empty box, some tape, scissors, and some markers and crayons.
Science Concepts Covered in this Kit
- What are the sources of light?
- How do we see color?
- Absorbed and reflected light
- How colored filters work?
Recommended for ages 8+
If you are not a Smore subscriber yet, become one today and get 4 annual issues shipped to you.
Use code STEM30 to get 30% off your subscription.
Check out other products including issues, posters, science kits, and gifts for girls in STEM, visit our shop site.
Interested to learn more about secret message decoders? Read Here.