From the moment you wake up until you go back to sleep, the muscles and bones in your body are actively working to help you move and perform human functions like breathing, blinking, moving, talking, etc.
The Smore Science human anatomy kit is the perfect hands-on learning tool that will allow kids to explore and understand how the muscles and bones in our body work together to give shape to our bodies and help us move.
Why do kids need to learn about bones and muscles?
As kids are growing, they are watching their bodies change. Knowing how the body works on the inside can go a long way in helping kids appreciate and take care of their bodies. Children should learn that our bones provide support and form to the body. They also protect the organs, such as the heart, brain, and lungs.
Children can be empowered to be educated about their own bodies by learning things like how our muscles make the bones move. They find it fascinating to learn that muscles are also responsible for your heartbeat, chewing your food, and even blinking.
Here is a fun fact about the human body to share with them: Adults have a total of 206 bones and over 600 muscles. If any of these bones or muscles do not function properly, it can have an effect on your movement, speech, or everyday life. That’s why it’s very important that kids learn how to take care of their bones and muscles.
With this muscles and bones human anatomy kit, kids will get a deeper understanding of how muscles and bones work and appreciate how essential they are to the body.
What you can do with this kit:
- create models of muscles, joints, and bones
- understand how the spinal column works
- do an experiment that tests muscle strength
What the kit includes:
The kit allows kids to do three different experiments. It includes:
- 2 pcs. tubing
- 2 dowel rods
- 5 large rubber bands
- 12 pipe cleaners
- 20 pony beads
- 20 small rubber bands
What you’ll love about this kit:
- The kit provides hours of fun and learning that will surely keep your young scientists busy.
- Additional extension activities and fun facts to continue the learning beyond the kit experiments.
- Kids can easily tie up the science concepts in this kit with the things they learned from school.
- It can encourage your kids to keep their bones and muscles healthy. When they understand how important the bones and muscles are, they’ll definitely appreciate it more and want to take better care of their body.
Science concepts covered in Human Anatomy Kit
- Structure of the Spine
- How Bones, Muscles, and Joints Work Together?
- Movement and Stability
- Testing Muscle Strength