We are super excited to host the Smore Summer of STEM challenge where we challenge you to show us your brilliant creations and you get a chance to win some cool prizes. This weeks challenge is SUPER SLIDES!!
- Design and construct a water slide
- Maximum use of recycled materials is encouraged
- The design must include a slide with a ladder
- The functional slide must be able to get a toy figure down the water slide
- Email your entries (photos or videos) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “SUPER SLIDES SUBMISSION”. You must also include a brief description of the materials you used, any challenges you encountered during the building process and how you overcame them
- This challenge ends on June 27
- Here is a handy supply list to help you with the challenge
- Suggested materials: Kitchen/toilet paper rolls, empty cereal boxes, Aluminum wrap, used plastic grocery bags, tape.
- Use the engineering design process to make it better: Ask-Imagine-Plan-Create-Improve!
- Think of materials you could use to make the slide waterproof!
Challenge open to children ages 6-12 years in USA.
You can accept the challenge by yourself or as a team. In the event of a team winning a challenge, one prize is given to the entire team.
Winners will be chosen and notified via email by July 1.