Your cart is currently empty!
Slimy Worms and Popping Pearls Kit
Chemistry at its slimiest! A fun kit to get introduced to the fascinating world of polymers. Squirt, drizzle, plop one liquid into another and watch different shapes emerge. A little messy and a whole lot of fun learning for kids of all ages. Kit includes enough materials to do 3 experiments twice or more.
Kit Includes:Slime solution, activator, color tablets, pipettes, craft sticks and instruction sheet
What do slimy worms and popping pearls have in common? Aside from being fun to make and play with, they’re both polymers! With this slimy worm and popping pearls kit, get ready to enjoy chemistry at its slimiest!
The word polymer comes from two Greek words: poly meaning “many” and mer meaning “unit.” A polymer is made up of many individual units that bind to form a single large unit.
With this slimy worm and popping pearls kit, kids will be introduced to the fascinating world of polymers. They’ll squirt, drizzle, and plop one liquid into another and watch different shapes emerge.
What you’ll love about this kit:
- It’s a little messy but a whole lot of fun. Just having the word slime is enough to capture kids’ interests.
- It can be a great learning tool for kids of all ages. The instructions are clear and detailed that even little kids can do the experiments with a little help from adults or older kids.
- The kit comes with everything you need to do the experiments and also includes enough materials to do the experiments twice or more. Kids can try to achieve different results with each experiment promising hours of learning and play.
What the kit includes:
- Slime solution
- Color tablets
- Craft sticks
- Instruction sheet
Other materials needed for the experiments not included in the kit are some liquid containers, a deep dish, a spoon, and a hand blender.
Science concepts kids can learn from this kit:
- What are polymers?
- What is the process of cross-linking?
- What are chemical bonds?
- What are the different states of matter: solid, liquid, and gas
These are just some of the science concepts kids can learn using this kit. They can also practice applying the scientific method when doing the experiments and observing the results. The activities can help kids develop their curiosity and scientific thinking skills as they try to control variables and experiment with different outcomes. Instruction manual also includes an observation sheet to record their observations and make notes.
The kit also allows for creativity as kids try to form various shapes and mix different colors.
Recommended for ages 8+
If you are not a Smore subscriber yet, become one today and get 4 annual issues shipped to you.
Use code STEM30 to get 30% off your subscription.
Check out other products including issues, posters, science kits, and gifts for girls in STEM, visit our shop site.
Interested to learn more about popping pearls? Read Here.