This printable oscillating woodpecker worksheet will allow kids to do something fun and creative while learning about physics.
The moving toy will certainly provide a new and exciting way for kids to learn about motion and forces.
The printable worksheet also includes an explanation of how the woodpecker can move. This helps kids understand what’s going on as they perform the experiment.
What you’ll need
- printable worksheet with woodpecker template
- a straw or a small piece of paper and pencil to make a straw
- rubber band
- tape or glue
What you’ll love
- Kids will understand physics concepts like kinetic energy and friction better.
- Kids will understand how physics concepts and forces are connected to the natural world.
- The activity could encourage kids to learn more about woodpeckers and other animals. This will increase their knowledge about animal diversity and the environment.
Fun Fact about woodpeckers
Woodpeckers are common birds that can be found worldwide. In the natural world, these birds spend their lives hammering on trees. Their bodies are specially designed for this activity. They have long, sharp beaks that allow them to make holes on tree trunks. They also have skulls that are built to absorb shock and prevent damage to their brains. They also have unique feet that allows them to hold on to tree trunks.